U.S. Compost Council STA & OMRI Certified Compost and Mulch Supplier
Midwest Companies provides comprehensive industrial waste recycling services and supports Illinois agriculture and crops by creating organic compost and mulch from waste that would otherwise end up in landfills. Creating organic compost and mulch is an industrial waste solution that begins at our very own waste transfer facility.
Our organic compost is derived from “green” waste including grass, leaves, and food waste. Farmers and landscapers love our proprietary agricultural compost blend because it effectively rebuilds, restores, adds nutrients, organic matter and natural nitrogen to the soil.
Our organic mulch products are made from recycled yard and wood waste. Chicago and Rockford park districts and public schools as well as many additional park districts in the Greater Chicago, IL area use Midwest Companies mulch products.
To further help small and large scale farmers and landscape suppliers manage production capacity and see a profitable harvest, Midwest Companies created a proprietary blend of fertilizer soil amendment. BeNeSoil contains a unique balance of three macro-nutrients proven to improve the health of your soil during drought or heavy rainfall.
Need help spreading our organic compost, bio-solids, soil amendments, or gypsum? We offer custom spreading services in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa.
Organic Compost & Mulch for Sale
We offer multiple varieties of high-quality compost and mulch products and deliver to your site.
- Organic Compost: provides drought protection and increases microbial activity to support crop production and performance throughout the growing season.
- Red Mulch: a brighter option commonly used commercially around office buildings or parks
- Brown Mulch: a natural aesthetic commonly used in parks and residential landscaping
- Double-Ground and Triple-Ground Mulch: made from organic bark and shredded for easier decomposition and improved soil nutrition
- Ground Gypsum: a popular soil amendment for farmers who wish to reduce the effects of soil corrosion and maintain a healthy level of soil moisture
Contact Midwest Companies online or call us at 847-426-6354 to request a quote on products and services.
Midwest Companies’ Organic Product Features
- Fast Application Rate
- Earthlike aroma
- OMRI certified for organic farming and a superior alternative to chemical fertilizers.
- It’s an Excellent source of slow-release nitrogen, even more that it’s available all year.
- Our organic compost is screened at 3/8″ to remove rocks and clumps.
- LEED – Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
- 100% Recycled Product, produced locally and is a rapidly renewable resource.
Benefits of Organic Compost
- Stimulates soil health and improves crop production.
- Maintains food for beneficial microbes to assure the proper decomposition of crop residue.
- Provides organic matter, which is the governor of moisture for the soil.
- Water efficiency because organic matter holds five (5) times its weight in water.
- Plants are then less stressed from the heat and drought during times of extreme temperatures.
- Increasing organic matter will improve soil tilth, making it more productive and easier to work into the soil.
- Compost will loosen clay soils allowing better root penetration, improved air & water movement which means better nutrient availability for crops.
Approved Compost Supplier and Certifications
We use our expertise in multi-material disposal and recycling to create and deliver premium compost and mulch products to landscapers, farmers, and agricultural suppliers.
- U.S. Composting Council (USCC) Seal of Testing Assurance (STA)
- Organic Material Review Institute (OMRI) certified for use in organic food production
- Approved supplier for Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) for road and bridge construction use (IDOT Producer / Supplier Number is 7122-01)