Our organic compost is derived from “Green” waste (grass, leaves and food waste). Our proprietary Agriculture compost blend will rebuild, restore, add nutrients, organic matter and natural nitrogen. Certainly providing drought protection while maximizing your microbial activity. Therefore it also helps support both crop performance production and soil life by releasing nutrients throughout the growing season. As a result it is certified by Organic Material Review Institute (OMRI) for use in organic food production.
- Stimulates soil health and improves crop production.
- Maintains food for beneficial microbes to assure the proper decomposition of crop residue.
- Provides organic matter, which is the governor of moisture for the soil.
- Organic matter holds five (5) times its weight in water.
- Plants are then less stressed from the heat and drought during times of extreme temperatures.
- Increasing organic matter will improve soil tilth, making it more productive and easier to work into the soil.
- Compost will loosen clay soils allowing better root penetration, improved air & water movement which means better nutrient availability for crops.
- Fast Application Rate
- Earthlike aroma
- OMRI certified for organic farming and a superior alternative to chemical fertilizers.
- It’s an Excellent source of slow-release nitrogen, even more that it’s available all year.
- Our organic compost is screened at 3/8″ to remove rocks and clumps.
“The compost is a clean material that is consistent and easy to spread with my manure spreader. I feel it is a great input to use as part of my Nutrient Management Plan. It is the least expensive input available to me , and I have recommended Midwest Material Management’s compost to other farmers.” Matt Busse – Busse Farms, Waterman IL.
“I had compost spread on top of a hill on my field that was lacking soil nutrients, and the crop was not growing well. The following year, there was a significant increase in my soybean yield, the beans were all the way up the stalk and the beans were taller. The compost works very well conditioning the soil along with its added benefits to the crop. I plan to spread compost on the remaining part of my field.” Dan Schultz – Bristol, IL.
Need help spreading our organic compost, bio-solids, manure and gypsum? We offer custom spreading services in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa.
We are also an Approved Compost supplier for Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) for Road and Bridge construction use.
IDOT Producer / Supplier number is 7122-01.